Monday, October 27, 2008

Old Habits Die Hard

We all know how hard it is to break a habit, smoking, excessive drinking, messing with information pages on Wikipedia…etc. But I think this one takes the cake.

An American Civil War re-enactor was shot in the shoulder during a documentary last month.
While injuries would not appear to be uncommon, (if you ask me, carrying around firearms and swords is just an accident waiting to happen) authorities have stated that it does reiterate the importance of “safety first” procedures for all re-enactment enthusiasts.

But, this story does get a little better, the gentleman who was shot was re-enacting a Union Soldier. The Isle of Wight Sheriffs office launched CSI: Virginia, using the film footage of the battle re-enactment to narrow down the list of suspects.

It was found that the shooter was indeed a confederate re-enactor.
Yeah, you wanted realism Hollywood you got it!

I don’t know about you, but if I was the currently hospitalised 78 year old Union soldier, I would be asking some questions…or use my nerdy knowledge and powers of seduction to find out the shooters name and place of residency and then...I'll let you use your imagination.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/ap_on_re_us/re_enactors_safety

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! A Comment?! I Love Comments!