Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What would you say?

At a recent gathering, a friend of mine brought to my attention a slightly morbid, but still fun website that I’d like to share.

“Dying Words” by Corsinet has recorded the last words of many famous people in history. I’m not sure as to how accurate the site is, but it is still really fun! And it makes you think “Hmm, what are my last words going to be?”

Well? What would you say?

Here are a few of my personal favourites:

I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.~~ Humphrey
Bogart,
actor, d. January 14, 1957

I am still
alive!
Stabbed to death by his own guards - (as reported by
Roman
historian Tacitus)~~ Gaius Caligula, Roman Emperor, d.41 AD

I've
never felt better
.~~ Douglas Fairbanks, Sr., actor, d. December
12,
1939

I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring.~~ Richard Feynman,
physicist, d.
1988

I know you have come to kill me. Shoot coward,
you are only going to
kill a man.
Facing his assassin,
Mario Teran, a Bolivian soldier
.~~
Ernesto "Che" Guevara, d. October
9, 1967

Too late for fruit, too soon for flowers.~~ Walter De La
Mare, writer,
d. 1956

Go on, get out - last words are for fools
who haven't said
enough.
To his housekeeper, who urged
him to tell her his last words
so she could write them down for
posterity
.~~ Karl Marx, revolutionary,
d. 1883

I
knew it. I knew it. Born in a hotel room - and God damn
it - died in a hotel
room
.~~ Eugene O'Neill, writer, d. November 27,
1953

Here am I, dying of a hundred good symptoms.~~ Alexander Pope,
writer, d. May 30, 1744

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist. . . .
Killed in battle during US Civil War.~~ General John
Sedgwick,
Union Commander, d. 1864

I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I
think that's the record . .
.~~ Dylan Thomas, poet, d.
1953

Either that wallpaper goes, or I do.~~ Oscar
Wilde, writer, d.
November 30, 1900

For more of these little charmers, or to get some ideas for your own, you can find the site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! A Comment?! I Love Comments!