Thursday, August 13, 2009

News From Flores


Just when you thought the debate was nearly dead…

Enter Cladistics Analysis!

A team of anthropologists and archaeologists from ANU have released a new study analysing the evolutionary linage of the controversial H. floresiensis, found on the Island of Flores in Indonesia 2003.

The results published in the journal of human evolution suggest that not only is H. floresiensis a new species, but also that the species does not share an immediate ancestor, diverging nearly two million years ago. Furthermore:



The fact that the H. floresiensis population on Flores is a very early species
suggests that hominins emerged from Africa much earlier than previously thought.



So if you thought you just felt the earth move, it was probably seismic activity, but also a major paradigm shift. So get your popcorn out and get comfortable everyone, this is going to be an interesting ride!




p.s. I know I’m a little behind in the news of this but I’ve been busy having a life and being awesome.

p.s.s. hahaha I joke! I’ve just been busy doing assignments and working…what an exciting life I do lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! A Comment?! I Love Comments!