Saturday, December 6, 2008

'Tis the Season to be Distasteful: 'Osama Bin Lego'

It’s that time of year again folks, the season to be jolly…and by jolly I mean eat and drink until the cows come home. I never really understood that saying when I was little, where did the bloody cows go anyway? The local Milko? Anyway, with the joyful season comes the gift shopping period, or the “I would rather have bamboo thrust under my fingernails than go shopping” period as I like to call it. But if your find yourself in a spot of bother trying to find the perfect gift for that special person*, then look no further!

OSAMA BIN LEGO - proudly brought to you by BrickArms, now available in the UK.
The new collectable is:

"The masked follower of 9/11 mastermind Osama Bin Laden comes with a rocket
launcher, assault rifle and grenades….

They also include a Nazi
major, bearing the chilling SS insignia, and a stormtrooper brandishing two
grenade launchers
."



As would be expected, the product has been slammed by religious and political groups across the globe. It has been argued that the products glorify terrorism and send mixed messages to children. Lego UK has strongly denied any affiliation with the BrickArms Company and released the following statement in relation to the new product:
“…BrickArms is not licensed by LEGO UK to customise LEGO figures and has no
links to the LEGO brand. LEGO UK is committed to developing toys which enrich
childhood by encouraging imaginative and creative play - and does not endorse
products that do not fit with this philosophy
..."
If the Osama Bin Lego collection doesn’t seem a bit distasteful to you then I suggest a strong hit of wheatgrass and a “what the hell is wrong with you?!” followed by your best mate slapping you on the forehead.
*We all have that one person on our Christmas lists that makes you stop and think “Oh [insert four letter word here] what on earth do I get for this clown?....And why is he/she even on my list?”
P.S. I DO NOT ENDORSE THIS PRODUCT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! A Comment?! I Love Comments!